Wednesday, September 4, 2013

2 for 1 Special !!!

Today's blog comes to you in two parts! Part one last week’s blog, musees, or muses, or musi, I don't know. Part two, this week’s blog "Tree Hugging 101."

Part 1:
We're supposed to invoke the graces of the muses, to inspire us to write masterful blogs that rival the works of Homer, or Ovid. But...to what muse do I sacrifice my fattened calf? Calliope? While I do strive to make my works rival Homan and Ovid, a series of blog posts hardly seem like an epic poem. Clio? History doesn’t appear to be the right category either. Urania? The lack of stars put this outside of her jurisdiction. Perhaps Thalia? While this meager blog could be considered by many a laughing stalk, a comedy has the intent to make people laugh. Terpsichore? Trust me it’s better for everyone if I don’t dance. Erato? I have yet to woo a woman by my rhyme and verse; I believe it is safe to say that Erato has abandoned me. What about the beautiful Polyhymnia? If she heard me sing this blog would end rather abruptly. Last but not least would Melpomene come to my aid? Out of all the fair muses it looks as if Melpomene is the best suited muse to aid me. Tragedies star young promising heroes who reach for the stars and fall into the deep abyss of Hates. If any fate is most probably for our young hero, this seems the most likely.

Part 2: Tree Hugging 101
Here I provide with step by step instructions of how to hug a tree.
1)      Find a friendly tree, try to avoid Evergreens.
2)      Introduce yourself, but avoid being too friendly. (You don’t want to scare them away)
3)      Once the tree lowers its guard, go in for the hug!
4)      If the tree tries to push away don’t let go!
5)      If the tree now tries to kill you, odds are you hugged a whomping willow.  (Your fault not mine)
If you’re still alive you’ve just passed Tree Hugging 101! Now you only need one more hippy credit to graduate with your liberal arts degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment